Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Happy New Year...

to you all. We have been home since the 3rd but we were priviledged to have my parents visit us for the last couple of days. My aunt and uncle also made a quick visit to our home. We had such a great time. But it was time to say good-bye today and now it is time to get our house and home back in order.
Our first project is to clean out and organize all the cabinets and drawers throughout the house.
Next, I need to work on planning the rest of the school year and work on getting next year's schooling down on paper also.
Finally, we have ta long list of projects to do around the house. We are hoping to get some done before we start back to school next Monday.
To reorganize in January is a necessity for me. I deal with depression every year due to the mental and physical let down after the holidays, holiday eating habits, gloomy weather, and a messy home after the busy December month. I have learned that the best way to keep me from spiraling down into a cloudy depression is to exercise, eat right, drink a lot of water, and gain control over my domain. In other words, I have learned to become proactive in keeping my sanity during the first months of the year.
January is a month that asks for a clean, organized life. January challenges us to take dominion over our body and over our homes. It also asks us to get ready for the challenges and changes ahead in the new year. It is a new beginning.
I am looking forward to what the Lord has in store for us this year. We have a great adventure waiting for us. And, I have a couple of cabinets that are calling my name right now.

No comments: