- The post office on board has its own zip code
- They can launch four jets a minute
- The flight deck is 4.5 acres
- A little over 5,500 people live on this ocean city
- They crack 180 dozen eggs daily
- They can distill up to 400,000 gallons of fresh water from sea water on a daily basis
- There is a library, church, fire department, and barber
- The height of the aircraft carrier is over 206 ft.
Hubbie is a Quartermaster...it doesn't mean much to us land lovers but in the Navy it means that he works in Navigation. He basically takes care of the charts and drives the ship. The great part is that he gets paid to play.
He loved the military life but it is very hard to raise a family being away at sea for nine months out of each year. So, the Reserves are a great way for him to be able to play and for us to have him home the rest of the year.
I am very thankful for the service of the many, many families in all the branches of the military.
Freedom is not cheap!