Friday, August 8, 2008

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Brown Sugar said "Daddy is throwing rocks again" when she heard the thunder roar yesterday. Goose had told her that the sound she was hearing was Daddy's doing. Cute.

Tonight Brown Sugar kept calling out "Daddy!" when she saw him on the family videos we were watching together. When he didn't respond to her she said "He's not saying hi!?! He's not waving to me. Hi daddy". Ugh! My heart was already being torn apart by the footage that made him real again to me. Her words just tore it even deeper.

~Lazyd

4 comments:

godlover said...

Hang in there, Heather, and try to rest on the wings of prayers that are going up to the Father repeatedly by those of us who are privileged to pray for you and your family. Poor Brown Sugar. She's just too young to understand. But then, how many of us are? I will say an extra prayer for her tonight (and you too).

Love in Christ,
Marj

Julie said...

I want to comment but I'm not even sure what to say. Words seem so meaningless. I wish I could give you a big hug and just be there to listen. I'm praying you have loved ones close by to be there for you. You'r family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Julie

I am praying for you and the kids.

Julie

Anonymous said...

As stated above I too wish that I could say something to comfort you, but I can not, therefore I will leave you with words from the one that can comfort you and your family!

Deuteronomy 33:27(a)
The eternal God is your refuge,
And underneath are the everlasting arms...

Ingrid's Organic Body Care said...

praying for you and your family!
what heartache! what a mother you are! I know that you were such a sweetheart of a wife.we continue to pray that you press on, looking to the author of your faith and looking into your childrens eyes and smiling.
thinking of you!