Saturday, October 4, 2008

Sweet Surprise!

This afternoon I paid a visit to my dear friend Lis who is convalescing in her home after a major surgery. As Lis, Kenj, and I were lounging around sipping Starbucks Don, Lisa's dad who has been helping me with my financial decisions, came in to give me some good news. He said that every once in a while it is nice to get good news...and he was right.
A while back I told you all about a life insurance policy that had not been paid yet. It was related to a pool association that Eric was a part of. It was a bonus amount of money that the association told me Eric would not get because of some confusion on when they received his first payment. We had evidence that showed he had paid much earlier but they still wanted to fight it. So, Don asked one of his lawyer friends to help in the matter. He did help and today Don handed me a check. As I was opening the envelope Don said that it wasn't the amount he was thinking it would be but thought I might be happy anyway.....the check was for MORE than what we were hoping. And, they added interest for good measure.
As I was opening the envelope my heart was pulled into two different directions. I was thrilled that another part of the puzzle was being taken care of but oh how I would rather have Eric here than any amount of money.
I am so thankful for the godly man that took such good care of me after his death. I wish I could thank him....in my frequent prayers I ask the Lord to tell him for me. I know it sounds silly but in that prayer I am basically sharing the great news and sweet surprises with him. He would be so happy to know that we are so well taken care of.
Anyway, Monday I am heading straight over to my contractor's house (he lives next door) and telling him that we are going to start the kitchen remodel ASAP.
Thanks for your prayers...I will be taking lots of pictures to share with you all!
~Lazyd

10 comments:

CristyLynn said...

So thankful for how you are taken care of, and can't wait to see the new kitchen! :)

Basnight said...

I am so happy you can finally start on the kitchen! I often wake up in the middle of the night and I always pray for you...I haven't been reading too many blogs lately, so don't know how new this look is, but I love it!

TnFullQuiver said...

Praise the Lord!!!
grace and peace,
julie

flowerpot said...

Wonderful news! Eric's provision keeps speaking of his godly character and is continued testimony to your children of how a godly man cares for the needs of his family.

blessings,
Flowerpot

Katie said...

That IS wonnnnnnnderfulllll news!!!
Thank you for sharing!! :)

Yes... it is a funny thing to figure out when a loved one passes on... I'm never quite sure what to do when I want to tell my folks something I'd like for them to know.. and yep.. that's what I wind up doing.. asking God to let them know for me... ;)

Hawaiian Time said...

Heather, I am a Patriarch Wives member & have been following your blog for some time. I am soon to pass it on to my dear friend, mom, homeschooler, & sadly now, widow. She lost her beloved husband, also a dear friend of ours 8 weeks ago. He died suddenly at 44, in her arms, from a massive heart attack.
As you know she is lost & devastated. She has 6 children 15 - 3, they are lost & devastated.
How fortunate I am able to offer her something to read that is poignant, touching, faith filled, real, & inspiring. I know she will be blessed by your candidness. Thanks for opening up your heart.

I had a son die & the help, encouragement and experience's of those that had gone down that same road was such an encouragement.
May it be so for her.
Thank you.

Lazy D Ranch said...

Dear PW friend,
Thanks for reading our blog but more importantly thank you for encouraging your friend to visit...I might have already met her.
Please tell her that she may email me at lazydranch@prodigy.net.
I would love to encourage her more. ~Heather

Hawaiian Time said...

Dear Heather, Yes she has told me that you have contacted her. Thank you. I will continue to encourage her to not only visit your blog but also email you.
As I said , it is so helpful to talk with one that has walked the same path God has chosen for you.
She is a dear friend and I am so thankful how God orchestrates our lives by sending others to minister & encourage.

Kimberly

Ingrid's Organic Body Care said...

great to see the Lord's provision yet again. so neat that you have erics voice recorded. remembering your trials.

Valerie said...

Praise the Lord for His provision in His perfect timing. Can't wait to see the new kitchen! Thinking of you often.

love, Valerie