Wednesday, April 2, 2008

More Changes

Yesterday was another hard step towards our new life: my parents left to go back home. I can only imagine how hard it must be to see your daughter go through one of the most difficult things a woman can go through. Leaving her to return to your own home must be even harder.
My parents would move into our home or back to California in a heartbeat if I asked them to but they know, as well as I, that my new family is surrounded by loving friends, church family and wonderful neighbors to take care of us. We are blessed!
There were many tears and I reassured them that if I need them I will call. They have been here for two months! They don't think they did enough for me and yet my dad tirelessly worked at keeping our pool cleaning business alive even though he struggles with Chronic Fatigue and my mom worked with the kids on their schoolwork. No one can help me with my emotional needs but having the practical needs taken care of is such an incredible gift.
I spent the rest of the day enjoying the company of a close friend as we ate apple fritters (is there anything better?), walked around IKEA, and just talked. It was a nice getaway.
~Lazyd

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Ikea will always make one feel better! Hang in there girl...you are still so my hero and role model!

Love ya,

Jocelyn

Ingrid's Organic Body Care said...

praying for you! yes, at times it must seem unbearable, and then you press on. So great to see how the Lord is ministering to you through answered prayer. People love to mininster to those they care for; don't ever believe any lie the enemy sends your way if it has to do with your needs being a burden for others. continue in your Ephesians 6 armor with your head protected (thoughts) with the helmet of salvation. press on sister in Christ.

da halls said...

I am praying for you in the midst of this transition time.

Though I haven't had the opportunity to meet you yet I am very relieved to know (and thank God) that you have so many people loving and caring for you and your family.

Thank you for letting us know how to pray.

80)
Mary Beth

Vanderpolclan said...

I continue to pray for you and your family. May God graciously uphold you.