Monday, June 19, 2006

Great Quote

"love knows not its own depthuntil the hour of separation."-- Kahlil Gibran

We are getting Eric ready to head out on Wednesday. The process includes buying all the necessary items for overseas travel, packing, and of course, saying good-bye to the one I love more then anything in this world. A part of this process is also sleepless nights.
I get insomnia quite frequently and figured that this episode was due to my nerves. You would think as a Navy wife that I would be a pro at saying good-bye. Well, the above quote is so true and I am living it right now. So, during those sleepless hours I pray. I am praying for the safety of my husband as he travels across the world. I am praying that he will be able to help the orphanage out quite a bit with his construction skills. I am praying that the children will love him and attach quickly. I am praying that he will be incredibly blessed by the missionaries and the orphanage staff. I am praying that the children will be safe and that they will travel home safely. I am praying that all goes well and Eric is able to come home on the 29th. I am praying that our transition will go smoothly and that nothing major will happen here at home while Eric is gone.
So, with all these prayer requests it's amazing that I get to sleep at all! Knowing there are others praying for us helps me feel a bit more peaceful. I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Eric, Joseph, Gabrielle and for that matter, the rest of us, are in the Almighty hands of God. He does not rest and His will will not be thwarted. The sleepless nights are not in vain. But, saying good-bye is never easy and the benefit is realizing how incredibly in love you are with the one that you are saying good-bye to. The great part of this journey is knowing that something incredible is on the other side.
By the way, thanks go to the Flying Dutchman for this quote.

No comments: