Friday, June 23, 2006

I've Been Tagged

1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4.
Okay, problem here. What book do I choose? There happens to be a bookshelf filled with books behind me. I will choose my favorite..."Redeeming Love".
Mama brushed her long blonde hair slowly "I don't feel much like singing, darling, Mama has a lot on her mind right now."


2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What can you touch? My daytimer/calendar


3. What was the last thing you watched on TV?
Two home produced DVD's about the orphanages in Liberia
4. Without looking, guess what time it is. 2 a.m.
5. Now look at the clock. What is the actual time? 1:53 a.m.
6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear? The ticking of the clock on my husband's desk. And, the air conditioning unit trying to keep our house cool during this hot spell.


7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing? I was on the front porch saying good-bye to a friend....at 1:00 a.m

8. Before you started this survey, what did you look at? Acres of Hope Yahoo group site

9. What are you wearing? Brown skirt, black top and black sandals

10. Did you dream last night? No. But, I did get a phone call from my husband at 2:30 in the morning. He was in Brussels, Belgium.

11. When did you last laugh? Last night during devotions. Our oldest son was reading to us about Queen Esther. He tried to pronounce the King's name but gave up and with a smirk just referred to him as the King. Ya had to be there!

12. What is on the walls of the room you are in? Pictures of my family. A quilt that I need to finish. A picture that Eric had painted for me.
13. Seen anything weird lately? A truck with a crane up on stilts. Obviously they needed a bit more height to get the sign up on the post. So, they lifted the truck!

14. What do you think of this quiz? I have fun doing these things but I hate sending them on to people


15. What is the last film or video you saw? Call Northside 777. A classic Alfred Hitchcock with Jimmy Stewart as the star. This was not a suspense filled movie at all but rather based on a true story of a man accused of something he did not do.
16. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
Pay off our house. Pay off my parent's house. Buy a fixer upper home for our son. Build an apartment building where the needy could stay to get back on their feet. Eric would start his own business. Pay for the rest of Acres of Hope's new orphanage. Adopt a lot more kids.
17. Tell me something about you that I do not know. I won an A&W Rootbeer Bear due to my coloring abilities.

18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do? Teach Creation as a fact and evolution as fiction

19. Do you like to dance? Yes. Yes. Yes. Eric is the best dancer around. I love it when he leads me around a dance floor.

20. Comment to George Bush: Remember that our country should be a Republic and thus should not be run by polls but by a higher moral code.

21. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her? Becca

22. Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him? Nate

23. Would you ever consider living abroad? Only for a short time.

24. What do you want God to say to you when you reach the pearly gate? That I am not a goat but one of His sheep...you took care of the poor, you visited those in prison, you entertained angels, well done.

25. What one book, besides the Bible, has changed your life?
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. I have never felt such hatred for my sin of wandering away from my Heavenly Father until I read this. I realized that as I was continually condemning the Israelites for walking away from their first love over and over again, I was doing the same thing.

25. 3-5 people who must also do this quiz on THEIR blog:
marlamom
homeskoolmom
hope and a future


...if they want to

No comments: