Friday, August 11, 2006

A Few of My Favorite Things

I thought I would let you in on some of my favorite baby items.
The Ergo. It was first brought to my attention in Above Rubies magazine. Hands down, it is the best baby carrier I have ever used. I have worn it all day without a bit of back pain. It is expensive but worth every dime.
Signing Times videos- You can get these on Amazon and sometimes Ebay. They also might be available at your local library. Kendra from Preschoolersandpeace lent me hers. They are fantastic. Joe, and our other kids, already know about forty signs. They are diligently teaching Gabbie now. Why signing? We wanted to keep down the frustration of not being able to understand Joe when he talks to us. And, for Gabbie, it will make a calmer, more enjoyable two year old when she can communicate with us.
Formula dispenser- I know that most of my friends breastfeed but for those of us who are adopting or who do not breastfeed, I have found this to be the greatest little container. I got mine at Target. It holds three bottles worth in three separate compartments. You just dump a comopartment into a bottle, add water, and you are ready to feed.
Playpen - This is nothing new for our family but I thought I would bring it up. I used playpen time for all my kids and now Gabbie is getting in on the fun. Of course, she did not like it at first but has gotten accustomed to the idea.
Baby backpack- I bought a small one at Wal-mart for $5. It has been the best solution for the snacks, bottles, diapers, extra outfits and such. I have to bring even more then with my others because of Gabbie's unpredictable bowels. And, Joe does not do good if he goes without food for a long period of time so I am packed with snacks galore.
Did you notice a lack of extras? No offense, but we have found that we don't need a lot. We have found that a hamper full of clothes or a baking drawer are much more exciting then a toy chest full of toys. The ergo replaces the swing, the walker, the johnny jump-up and many other items that fill our homes. Just some thought from a mother who has been there and done that.

No comments: