Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Salad Anyone?

I have been eating a lot of salad lately. Because of the latest change of menu in our house I have had to get creative in the salad dressing area. Most salad dressings are full of additives such as sugar and MSG. I can't have either and also have to be careful as to what oil and vinegar I use. And, since a lot of you have been asking for these recipes I thought the easiest way to get them to so many would be to put them on this blog. Enjoy!
CAESAR DRESSING
4TB Olive oil, 2TB balsamic or raw apple cider vinegar, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp dry mustard, 6TB mayo, 2TB lemon juice, 4 to 7 cloves of crushed garlic, freshly ground pepper. Shake vigorously.
VINEGRETTE
1/2 cup, 1 TB, and 2 tsp of Olive oil, 3/4 cup and 2 tsp of balsamic or raw apple cidar vinegar, 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1 1/2 tsp oregano, 1 1/2 tsp basil, 1 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper, 1 1/4 tsp salt, 1 1/4 tsp onion powder, 1 1/4 tsp dijon mustard. Shake well.

No comments: