Thursday, February 21, 2008

“The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me,
Because the LORD has anointed Me
To preach good tidings to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives,
And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD,
And the day of vengeance of our God;
To comfort all who mourn,
3 To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the LORD, THAT HE MAY BE GLORIFIED.”
Isaiah 61:1-3
and...
1 In You, O LORD, I put my trust;
Let me never be put to shame.
2 Deliver me in Your righteousness,
and cause me to escape;
Incline Your ear to me, and save me.
3 Be my strong refuge,
To which I may resort continually;
You have given the commandment to save me,
For You are my rock and my fortress...
7 I have become as a wonder to many,
But You are my strong refuge.
8 Let my mouth be filled with Your praise
And with Your glory all the day...
14 But I will hope continually,
And will praise You yet more and more.
15 My mouth shall tell of Your righteousness
And Your salvation all the day,
For I do not know their limits.
16 I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD;
I will make mention of Your righteousness, of Yours only...
19 Also Your righteousness, O God, is very high,
You who have done great things;
O God, who is like You?
20 You, who have shown me great and severe troubles,
Shall revive me again,
And bring me up again from the depths of the earth.
21 You shall increase my greatness,
And comfort me on every side.
22 Also with the lute I will praise You—
And Your faithfulness, O my God!
To You I will sing with the harp,
O Holy One of Israel.
23 My lips shall greatly rejoice when I sing to You,
And my soul, which You have redeemed.
Portions of Psalm 71 (take time to read the whole psalm)
This is what gets me through the pain and sorrow.
~Lazyd

6 comments:

Carol said...

The Word has new meaning when we are going though deep sorrows. I am praying for you today, your children and parents. Your sister in Christ, Carol

Anonymous said...

The Word is living...did you ever hear that old Amy Grant song, called "The Word?" It truly is our comfort! Praying for you! Love, Denise H>

countrymomtx said...

Praying for your strength, and that God will heal your grieving heart. I hope you are doing ok with the practical side of life as well, bills, necessities,having to go on with caring for your children, and that your needs are being met. Praying for all these things for you. Cindy in West Texas

Miss Amy said...

Those are very beautiful!

Mountain Mama said...

The Word is alive! And such a comfort!! Praying that you have His peace and comfort each day.
ashley

Danielle said...

Praying for you in Michigan,

love,
Danielle