- Boo turned 19 right before her daddy died. She is working on starting a sewing business making modest dresses for young ladies. She is also very interested in period costumes having already made dresses for the regency period, 40s and 50s. Prayer: She misses her daddy and is dealing with the fact that she will not have him around for all those upcoming, important events in her life. Prayer: God will heal her broken heart.
- Goose is 17. He is the spitting image of his dad and yet has my personality type. He is looking at the fields of fire or police for his future. His first passion is the mission field with Africa being dear to his heart. I also ask for wisdom for me as I try to figure out how to surround Goose with a godly support team. Eric and I felt it very important that my role as a mother during these pre-adult years was more of a loving support. Eric took over the training when Goose reached about eleven or twelve. I now have to look outside of our home walls to provide this much needed encouragement and admonishment. Thankfully we are surrounded with incredible, godly men who love our family and understand Eric's passion. Prayer: He will be traveling to Canada, by himself, to visit some friends on the mission field. Also, guidance for his future vocation.
- Miss M just turned 14. She loves horses of which we have none but she makes do with her rabbit and our chickens. She has a very tender heart and incredible writing skills. She has been the most open with her feelings and I appreciate the fact that she just sits and cries with me. She too would like to be on the mission field as a nurse/midwife. She prays for a husband that has this same desire. Prayer: God would calm her broken heart
- Daisy is 12. She is incredibly happy most of the time. She loves just about everything and everyone in life. She is my other kid that looks like Eric but she also has his personality. She is fun loving, athletic, and ski-n-ny! This sweet girl is struggling right now. She is not necessarily a very emotional person but I believe that she is not dealing properly with her feelings. Prayer: She was there when Eric collapsed. I continue to ask the Lord to erase those memories from her mind and heal her hurt.
- Lil' Cowboy just turned 8. Of course, according to his birth certificate he should be 7 and yet we think he could even be 9 or 10! He is doing very well. Nana has been helping him learn how to read (schooling is not on the top of my to-do list right now) and he is having a lot of fun with her. I know he misses his daddy. He only knew Eric for a little less than two years but there was a fast bond there. This kiddo is all into swords, guns, ropes, anything boy. Prayer: He has now said good-bye to three parent figures. Such loss in just eight years of living!
- Brown Sugar will be three in July. She is a handful. Ever since Eric's death she has begun to act up. When she does not get her way she screams loudly and flales...something she did not do before the memorial. I am exhausted just being her mommy let alone being a mommy to the other children. She is also clingy. It is many times that I wonder out loud if the Lord knew what he was doing taking this little girl's daddy away and leaving her with a mommy that is already struggling with her own grief. I am standing firm in my resolve to discipline and train her in the same way that Eric and I would have if he was still here but it is a lonely and tiring road to walk down. On the positive side, if you ask her where her daddy is she will say "Daddy in heaven with Jesus". Precious! Prayer: That Brown Sugar will work through her grief in a quieter way.
As I begin to look at starting up school again, keeping up with the household chores, and training the children I would appreciate your prayers not only for me but for each child. This is the darkest valley I have ever crossed and your prayers are an incredible blessing to my family.