Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Minor Details


One of the girls caught me trying to take a nap...sort of.


Sometimes I find myself wondering why God gives me such sweet gifts. This necklace was one of those that took me by surprise. I was at a monthly Bunco game with some friends. There was a substitute playing whom I had never met but she had "met" me through this blog and had been praying for our family. As the night went on she realized who I was and took this necklace off of her neck and handed it to me. I thanked her for such a kind gift not realizing how special this necklace was to her. Later that evening Boo told me the story she had heard about the jewelry. What a gift...much more than I deserve. The analogy did not escape me...I have been given many incredible gifts including the gift of a new life in Christ....again, much more than I deserve.


Another thing I do not deserve and yet I thoroughly enjoy! I included this picture because of the beautiful words above the tub from my friend at Fruitful Vine Creations. Hard to read but this is what it says "His compassions never fail, they are new every morning, Great is Your faithfulness."

Another sweet gift! This is a player piano from Eric's side of the family. My in-laws brought this down and today the kids enjoyed playing everything from "Grandpa Tell Me 'Bout the Good Ole Days" to "I Know An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly". It is big, heavy, and loads of fun.

Here is our new collection...all piano rolls.


Ah, the smell of old piano rolls!


Papa and Boo cooking dinner tonight.

So, here is a look at our laundry room before we stained the concrete counter tops.


And, here is an after...the rack on the left is where a small refrigerator use to be. This is my makeshift kitchen while our main kitchen is being remodeled.


Another view


Another vinyl sign from my friend.

Well, there you go...some pictures of our life. As I write my girls are serenading me with the player piano. They are singing "You Light up My Life"...oh, they have such a grand sense of humor...they know how much I loathe this song!
~Heather

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

If it's not too personal, what's the story behind of the necklace? I'm always the curious one! :)
I love your countertops! What a difference it made to stain them.

Kendra Fletcher said...

At least it wasn't the Theme From Ice Castles...

Mrs. S said...

I LOVE the picture of Brown Sugar snuggled up next to you, her little feet tucked in. So very sweet! I need to look into those wallies. I REALLY like them!

Valerie said...

Oh I am a curious one too (my Mom would say noisy!). I'd wonder about the story behind the necklace. Life is so challenging Heather but not without so many blessings from God in the midst of those challenges. He truly is good all the time!

I LOVE the countertops! Can't wait to come for a concert from the kids, I mean the player piano.

Kristin Lodi said...

Heather, your house is beautiful! I would love to sit with you for a few days and feel the warmth of your family and hear that piano!
Can't believe she gave you the necklace off her neck! Those are the kind of gifts that are almost too touching! As a friend would say, "God gave you a kiss that day"!

We pray for you daily and love you guys so much! We really need to take a trip out your way soon!
Love you! Kristin

Simply Tiffany said...

Ooooo!!! That piano looks like such a blast!!! And all of those old rolls, what a treasure! The pictures were so nice...I loved taking a peek into what y'all are up to. Love to you all! *cyber hugs*